At Temple Sowerby School, as part of our wider curriculum, our children complete the ‘Junior Dukes’ programme each year. This award has been running in schools since 2007 and has helped thousands of children aged 6 to 12 to realise their abilities and, for some, to discover new talents and passions. It aims to increase children’s independence, confidence, responsibility and resilience, whilst giving them a real sense of achievement on completion.
All of the children, from Reception upwards, have a workbook in school containing 10 challenges (see the links below). Over the course of the year, the children will need to complete a minimum of 7 challenges to achieve their end-of-year award. There are different awards for all year groups in school, each containing a range of age-appropriate challenges.
These awards are:
• Reception – Micro Duke Award
• Year One – Silver Mini Duke Award
• Year Two – Gold Mini Duke Award
• Year Three – Bronze Junior Duke Award
• Year Four – Silver Junior Duke Award
• Year Five – Gold Junior Duke Award
• Year Six – Platinum Junior Duke Award